Having spent a major part of his early years traveling through the length and breadth of the country, Nakuul has grown up with a special ability to connect with people across cultures, economic strata & diverse backgrounds. It was only natural that he chose to be associated with the entertainment industry as an Actor, performer, anchor – all rolled into one. Traits that he uses with optimum effect to connect with people & to entertain them. Add a post graduate degree in Management and you get a unique edge that comes with his very affable personality.
Nakuul made his Bollywood debut with Eros International’s ‘Haal-e-dil’, wherein he played the leading man and won himself a sizeable fan following. He followed it up with an intense art-house Indie production ‘Avant Garde Pythagoras Sharma’ where he played the protagonist.
Nakuul is amongst the top faces on television today & is currently working on the popular television show, ‘Pyar Ka Dard Hai’ on Star Plus with Rajshri Films, portraying the immensely popular role of ‘Aditya’. The show has consistently ranked in the top 5 shows in the country in the past two years.
Alongside playing the quintessential hero in PKDH, Nakuul has very successfully transitioned to playing a diversely different role on stage in the award winning production of Michael Bartlett’s, ‘Cock’, (2013) which has achieved both critical acclaim & sold out houses at Prithvi Theatre, Mumbai & Jagriti in Bengaluru.
Apart from being a popular face on the tube, he is a fantastic presenter. He slips in and out beautifully from being absolutely elegant and classic MC to a super energetic, quick witted ‘fun maker’, as he likes to call himself. He has a captivating stage presence owing largely to his rich theatre experience that gives him the much needed spontaneity and the ability to handle any situation.
• Co-hosted the prestigious Star Parivaar awards’2014 with Bharti Singh. (June’14)
• Hosted ‘Weekend with the stars’ & the green carpet at IIFA’2014 – Tampa (US) (May’14)
• He has hosted and performed at a number of corporate/film events, high profile sangeet celebrations
and award nights in India and internationally.
• Performed at the Diwali event at Times Square with over 200,000 people in attendance.(Sept'14)
• Performed the opening Magic act at the Star Parivaar awards 2014. (June’14)
• Perfomed at the Star Guild awards. (Jan’14)
• Performed at the Big Star Entertainment awards with Mukti Mohan (Dec’13)
• Performed at Birmingham Diwali Mela (UK – Nov’13)
• Performed at the Saath Hain Hum – Uttrakhand charity drive (Aug’13)
• Performed at the Star Parivaar awards with Disha Parmar (July’13)
• Nakuul won the National ballroom champion’11 representing Maharashtra in the AIDSF.
• Best on screen Jodi - Indian Telly Awards (Colours) 2014
• Best actor Television – Big star entertainment awards 2013
• Best debut male – Gold awards (Zee) 2013
• Best debut male – Indian Telly awards (Colours) 2013
• Best debut male/Naya sadsya – Star Parivaar awards (Star Plus) 2013
• Only contemporary young actor on Television to be invited on ‘We the people’ with Barkha Dutt.
• Chosen as the face of Star network to present the ‘Nayi soch awards’ at the post match ceremony at IPL7.
• Chosen as the face of Star Network to present the ‘Nayi soch’ award at the post match ceremony of Pro Kabaddi League.
Nakuul’s desire to travel the world and devour the culture and people of different nationalities has
been a huge motivation in his choice of profession. At the same time, the very fact that he could play
characters and personalities that are far away from his own experiences and yet to be able to live larger
than life has been his major lure towards acting and cinema. Besides being a closet filmmaker, fitness
enthusiast & half-a-poet, he is also a published writer with the Chicken Soup for the Indian Soul – On